The Club shall be known as Bromsgrove & District Riding Club (BDRC). BDRC follow the guidelines and rules set out by the British Riding Club Association. Further information can be found on the BRC website.
BDRC have been around for over forty years and over the last couple of years we have tried to build up the club by supporting out riders so that everyone can enjoy and improve their riding. We also encourage our members, both Senior and Junior, to compete as part of the club’s teams.
We pride ourselves on being a positive and supporting club who strive to achieve a friendly atmosphere at any event/training session. We are committed to promoting the wellbeing of all our members and strongly encourage every member to show respect and understanding to all participants of our club and other BRC clubs.
Membership of the Club is open to anyone interested in joining. The committee may refuse membership only for good cause, such as conduct or character likely to bring the Club or the sport into disrepute.
The Committee may expel from membership of the Club any member who has breached any of the rules of the Club, or who has in the opinion of the Committee have been guilty of any conduct derogatory to the character or prejudicial to the interest of the Club, provided that before expelling him or her the Committee shall allow the member to appeal the decision to the members and provide an explanation of his/her conduct and allow a proper opportunity of answering the allegations against him/her.
The membership for 2020 shall be £20.
The financial year of the Club shall commence on the 1st January in each year. All surplus income or profits are to be reinvested in the Club. No surpluses or assets will be distributed to members or third parties.
The Annual General Meeting shall be held in November/December of each year and will include the following:
- A review of the Club’s Accounts.
- Fill any vacancies within the Committee.
- Appoint a Treasurer if required.
- Suggestions from members.
BDRC members and volunteers are asked to abide by the following:
- Follow all guidelines laid down by BRC and BDRC.
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Be respectful of the rights of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background or religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- Keep to agreed timings for lessons and competitions or inform their coach, instructor or organiser if they are going to be late.
- Members must pay any fees in advance unless otherwise agreed.
- Members are not allowed to smoke whilst riding.
- Members are not allowed to consume alcohol while competing for the club.
- Members are not allowed to consume drugs of any kind while taking part in club activities
- Members must wear suitable safety equipment and clothing.
- Do not abuse officials, however much you disagree with their decision.
- Encourage all riders and applaud their efforts.
- Do not ridicule opponents for their mistakes or criticise their horses.
- Do not applaud or encourage foul play.
- Do not use foul, racist or abusive language to riders, officials or other spectators.
- Do not ever use physical violence or threaten anyone.
- You are subject to the Rules of the sport. You can be cautioned, reported or sent away from the competition if this Code of Conduct is breached.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
- Hold appropriate valid qualifications and insurance cover.
- Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results.
If you are a BDRC member and you need someone to talk to please contact one of the following you feel comfortable talking to.
- Sam Kinchin (Chair) – 07966 692376
- Stacey Wilkinson (Vice) – 07730 607690
- Terrie Baxter (Secretary) – 07950 802129