Following are our general rules for attending any of our shows/events – please note that these will differ according the event taking place and the rules will be included in every schedule:
RULES & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
The event will be run under British Riding Club rules (http://www.bhs.org.uk/enjoy-riding/british-riding-clubs/brc-handbook). Some events will include Mercian Rules/Eligibility and BDRC Regulations. These rules also take into account Covid19 restrictions which can be located : www.bromsgroveridingclub.co.uk/covid19
- The judges’ decision is final. Objections must be handed to the secretary in writing with a £20.00 deposit within half an hour of any incident.
- Classes for Individuals will be split for juniors and seniors (juniors under 18 on 1st January 2021), where entries per class exceed six.
- No horse or pony under the age of four may compete.
- It is recommended that horses/ponies are up to date with their influenza vaccinations in line with the BRC Rule Book.
- All entries must be accompanied by the correct remittance.
- All riders and competitors MUST wear appropriate riding attire/footwear.
- The BDRC Committee strongly recommend that the First Aider/Paramedic present assesses a rider after a fall before they continue with the competition.
- Everyone must follow the instructions of the stewards and committee.
- Excessive use of whips and spurs will result in disqualification.
- All competitors must “warm up” their own horses. Any exceptions must have the permission of the BDRC secretary.
- The organisers do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or injury, etc which may be sustained by persons, horses or ponies, vehicles or property, servants in connection with, or arising out of the event. It shall be deemed a condition of entry that each competitor shall agree to indemnify the organisers against any such accident.
- Individuals, travelling alone must provide Emergency/Next of Kin information when booking a Class.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel the event, or amend any of the conditions as they think fit.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry, without giving reason, or to send away from the show ground anyone using unreasonable behaviour.
- Refusal of entry based on the condition of the horse/pony is at the discretion of the BDRC Committee The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any animals, which in their opinion are unfit to compete and any competitor guilty of misconduct or not abiding by the rules.
- Full refunds will be given to anyone who withdraws prior to the closure date. No refunds will be given after this date unless accompanied by a Vet or Doctor’s certificate.
- In the case of bad weather a 50% refund will be given on receipt of an SAE, to be received within 7 days of the cancellation.
- The committee reserve the right to restrict entries in any class once an acceptable number of entries have been received.
It is the team’s responsibility to ensure that all participants are eligible to take part. Any participants found to be ineligible will be disqualified. Please send any queries with regard to eligibility to the Mercian Secretary prior to this event.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- The organiser has overall responsibility for Health and Safety. The event is organised in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and all who have (to any extent) control of premises or site at the event are responsible for ensuring that:
- Everything reasonably practicable is done to ensure the Health and Safety welfare, of those attending the event.
- They conduct themselves so that they do not put themselves or anyone else at risk.
- Access to, and egress from, the site is safe.
- Emergency services must have access to all parts of the site at all times and members of the public must not park vehicles so as to obstruct access.
- In the case of an emergency, members of the public should contact the Show Secretary or dial 999 on the nearest
- Horses can easily be frightened and can be dangerous. Members of the public are requested to keep clear from the edge of the arenas/horse lanes and avoid behaviour which might alarm the horses.
ENTRIES FOR MERCIAN TEAMS:
- Teams are made up of 4 (four) riders and the top 3 (three) scores will count towards placing.
- Two Juniors only per team.
- For Mercian teams, the same horse/pony can only have one entry per event. If a Mercian team member wishes to also enter individually, they can do so, however, they must complete their Mercian class prior to their individual class, and the individual class must be of a higher height (not lower or the same). They will only be allowed one entry in an individual class.
Emergency contact details are only required if you are attending the event alone.
- Do not leave your horse/pony unattended outside the lorry. No hay is allowed on the car park. Dogs must be kept on
- leads at all times.
- Please leave the lorry park as you find it and take rubbish home with you where possible.
- Riders will be allocated numbers but no bibs will be provided.
- If you have any Covid symptoms, please do not attend.